In High school I was a part of the yearbook committee and we would use MS Word to create our stories and layouts. It was so nice to be able to have MS Word to separate our articles into columns and check our grammar mistakes. Also we could creatively add pictures from the internet or from clip art. After editing our text on MS Word, all we had to do was open the document with our yearbook editor program and add borders and such. It made our job so much more simple and organized. I liked being able to just type without worrying about moving my text every couple lines so that it would align into columns. Yet with MS Word, it so easy to just type and have it automatically adjust. I like this example because it taught me a lot about MS Word and made me realize all of the amazing different tasks you can do with this one tool.
So far in class I have learned tons more on using my keyboard and creating paint documents. I had no idea you could do some of the tasks on your computer with just the keyboard. It makes simple tasks even easier and I use it all the time now! Also, I really enjoyed learning the different tools on Paint and how to make 3-D objects. This will be very useful to my job as being an elementary teacher. Now I know how to create little stories for my kids or I could have them learn and make their own stories with illustrations. I never knew that you could capture images on your screen and then open them elsewhere- which was very neat to learn as well. Lastly, I am extremely glad that I have learned how to create and use a blog. I think it is a very beneficial tool to use in classrooms. I am looking forward to applying these concepts to my future as being a teacher.
I to was on yearbook and understand how it made everything easier. It saved us from having all those grammar mistakes. If only it could of caught some of the few name misspellings =]
ReplyDeleteThat's great that you utilized the tools given to you. In high school our yearbook staff weren't so careful and plenty of grammar and spelling mistakes got through. Also I'd like to mention how you bring up a valid point. I forgot completely about learning how to create a blog. I guess it's because it became so second nature!
ReplyDeleteYour use of MS word in high school for the yearbook was very similar to ours. The skills we are learning will be very useful.
ReplyDelete