Monday, October 19, 2009

Blog Post #6


I made my Powerpoint presentation on the Rainforest and specifically on the different animals of the rainforest. By using the critiquing criteria in chapter 8, I can see that I have successfully created a useful presentation. I made the writing and grammar standard for an elementary grade level and used numerous fun colors and images. Each slide contains clear information and an understood lesson. For the animal slides, I wrote the animals name large along with a large photo and also added a fun animation to go along with it. For example, for the Red-eyed Tree Frog, I made the picture bounce in, like a frog would, and for the Sloth I made the picture slowly crawl in. This is a fun way of keeping students interested and learning. Also on the animal slides I have kept them simple and have written all the information in the teacher box for me to say aloud. I felt that this way the information will really set in while they take notes, instead of just having them copy all of my slides without thinking. Altogether, I feel that I have made a great presentation that successfully displays the rainforest in a creative way!


The way that I would include peripherals into my classroom would be having an assignment such as a photo scavenger hunt where students would have to take certain pictures and then upload them onto the computer and put them into a presentation. This assignment would teach them how to use such peripherals, such as a camera, in a fun and creative way! It will also help them with team building and Powerpoint skills. Also they would need to print their slides for me to look off of as they make their presentation. This could also be made into a race between groups and whichever group can find and take pictures of all the certain objects first gets extra recess time or some candy.

The skills that we have learned in the part week that I believe will personally help me the most in my classroom has been Powerpoint. I have always known how to create a Powerpoint presentation but I have just learned all these new skills and new animations that I will make my presentations in my classroom so much better. I enjoyed learning how to create and personalize your own background without having to just use a template. Also, I have just learned how to make objects on the slides move in a certain direction, which will be great to use if I make a story book slideshow. I look forward to making some quiz presentations where my students will be able to come to the board and participate, as well as work separately on computers. I am thankful for having learned such neat aspects of Powerpoint and can not wait to apply them in my classroom!

4 comments:

  1. I love your photo scavenger hunt idea! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rain forest and i love your idea of turning it into a race between teams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like your PowerPoint was fun and eye catching the display of the rain forest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your idea of a photo scavenger hunt! I've actually been assigned to do a photo scavenger hunt many times over the years and I thoroughly enjoyed it every time and I also learned so much! Great Idea!

    ReplyDelete