Excel spreadsheets are a great way of keeping information organized and clear. I will most likely use Excel the most with having my class roster and attendance as well as my grade book. Excel has tools that allow you to equate numbers and add up percentages, therefor using it to enter grades is very efficient. I believe that Excel is more used by just teachers on an elementary level and then taught and learned by students at more of 8th grade high school level. In college, I took a course on Excel and I even found it to be challenging at times.
It is a good tool to use in like an economics classroom for like a project on the economy and budgeting. You could have the students make a personal budget with their everyday needs and income. Or you could have your class make a pretend business and make a budget for their business. This would help them to learn basic life lessons, as well as how to compute on an Excel sheet.
I agree that the blogger is a helpful tool in the classroom.
ReplyDeleteI also agree that the blogger can be very useful in the classroom! I think that it would be a great way for students and teachers to share work with eachother. Also, I think excel would be really useful as a teacher as well! good job :)
ReplyDeleteUgh, we had to use excel in high school to make a personal budget in one of my classes, and to make a fake business budget in another. It was dreadful. D:
ReplyDeleteThen again, that was probably because the teachers didn't really know what they were doing with it. It is a good idea on the whole, so long as it is executed well.