Monday, November 23, 2009

Blog Post #9

I feel like this project is a great preparation for what we will all be doing in our classrooms later in life.  It helps us gain knowledge on how to make a successful lesson plan and what to incorporate in it to make it learnable and attractive to students.  It is very beneficial to have us meet with the actual teacher and get her input too.  She showed us how she will be teaching our lesson on a smart board where the children will be able to participate and interact.  Therefor we added some blank places into our presentation where the students can come to the board and fill them in themselves.  Overall, I think this project is a great learning tool for us.

During this previous week I have contacted Mrs.Kirkendoll at Fairview Middle school and set up an appointment.  I also went and met with her to share with her our ideas and get feedback.  As a group, we met last monday and I began making the powerpoint for our actual lesson plan.  I also incorporated my information onto our jeopardy slideshow and my wikisite.  Altogether, we are working very well and on great track!

In this previous week I have learned quite a lot with slideshows still and also learned how to create a crossword puzzle on excel.  Knowing how to use slideshow well is a very important and is a great tool to have in the classroom. I will definitely be using it in every way we have learned in the future. Also I have learned a lot while doing our project.  The teacher gave us very helpful advice about incorporating the smart board into our presentation so know the children will have a chance to participate in hands on learning.  I am very grateful to have taken this class, I have certainly learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment